REIN is a venture-backed technology company building smarter insurance and risk programs for today’s connected world. Our first platform product is www.DroneInsurance.com with subsequent products being developed and launched in autonomous vehicles, commercial trucking and other verticals. Our offices are located in Maynard, Massachusetts, Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Halifax, Nova Scotia.
While REIN’s solution is uniquely positioned to bring the world’s largest brands and leading insurance carriers together, it is our team that truly sets us apart. With seasoned operators and technology and insurance expertise, we have a healthy obsession for solving problems and delivering utmost value to our customers. We thrive in collaborative environments and are looking forward to adding your unique voice to our team.
Note: Due to COVID19 restrictions, our staff is working remotely. Our Halifax, NS office has recently reopened under stringent physical distancing guidelines. Pending the global health crisis, remote work will be considered for this position with the ideal candidate residing in close proximity to any of our offices to allow for scheduled office visits and in-person meetings.
As a Software Developer at REIN, you will be an integral member of a small technology team working on internal and external facing applications and tools. Developers support the improvement of our core products and help create our next generation of innovative insurance products. Our ideal candidates are very experienced with Ruby on Rails, but familiarity with Full-Stack development is needed! If you have a passion for developing applications that end-users love, are comfortable with independent and collaborative work, and are at home in a small organization where you can make a real difference, then please apply!
Candidates should be prepared to share examples of code they’ve developed or be willing to take a coding test.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage timelines and development of code base in an agile environment
- Take a leadership role working with US and Canadian teams to turn requirements into performant and well-tested code
- Contribute individually and participate collaboratively with the engineering team
- Attend daily Scrums and occasional client meetings
- Other tasks as assigned or agreed upon with your supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience using Ruby on Rails
- 1 – 3 years of professional experience using ES6 or TypeScript
- Experience with relational databases (such as Postgres or Mariadb) and optimizing queries.
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML5 / CSS
- Extended Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, 3 weeks vacation, 12 Holidays, Optional 4 day (10 hour) work week, M-Th during the summer
- Flexible PTO structure
- Mentorship opportunity with senior staff
- Monthly lunch-and-learn sessions with internal and external industry experts
- Gym membership allowance (NS)
- Unlimited snacks, coffee and cold beverages in the office
Job Type: Full-time
Apply to People@REIN.ai
|Job Category||Full Time|